The Violent Crime Reduction Bill came into force on 1st October 2007.
Just so that you are clear what the changes were.
We assure you that you will still receive our personal service that we have built our business and reputation on.
The Violent Crime Reduction Bill still allows you to:
- Own an Air Rifle or pistol without needing a licence, providing it is below the legal power limit of 12ft lb for a rifle and 6ft lb for a pistol.
- You can still buy an Air Gun and pellets but you need to be over 18 years old. You will need to buy the gun face to face from a Registered Firearms Dealer like ourselves or arrange a transfer to a different shop for collection.
- You can still buy and own a Co2 Air Rifle regardless of the make or model with the above age limits.
- You can still buy Air Gun accessories like scopes, pellets, cleaning products, clothing, targets and charging equipment via mail order. Silencers come under the same rules as a gun.
- You can still shoot your Air Gun unsupervised once you are 14 years old providing you are on land where you have permission to shoot.
To summarize the details of the VCR bill, the Air Gun Law changes only relate to age limit and where you can buy your Air Gun from.You can still own and buy Co2 rifles and pistols.